Who is Arpita Mukherjee from whom residence recovered Crores in Cash?
Arpita Mukherjee entered the limelight of media attention as crores of cash were recovered from her residence in south Kolkata. Mukherjee was arrested in connection with a school job scam in West Bengal.
- Mukherjee hailed from a middle-class family in Belghoria in the northern suburbs of the city and was into modelling since her college days.
- After her father’s death, she was married to a businessman from Jhargram but not much is known about the marriage as she returned to Kolkata, industry sources said.
- Mukherjee was active in the Bengali and Odia film industries between 2008 and 2014 and also did modelling.
- Mukherjee acted in 6 Odia films including ‘Bande Utkala Janani’, directed by Suvendu Swain and Ashok Pati’s ‘Prem Rogi’, both of which were box office hits.
- She also acted in ‘Kemiti a Bandhana’ (2011) co-starred by Chandrachur Singh and ‘Mu Kana Ete Kharap’ (2010) opposite Anubhav Mohanty. Her last Odia film was ‘Raju Awara’ in 2012.
- Mukherjee had small roles in Bengali films such as ‘Bhoot in Roseville’, ‘Jeena the endless love’, ‘Bidehir Khonje Rabindrahath’, ‘Mama Bhagne’ and ‘Partner’, but was not seen in movies since 2014.
- She owns a luxury apartment in the Joka area of south Kolkata.
- Mukherjee was the brand ambassador for the 2020 Durga Puja of Chatterjee’s Naktala Udayan Sangha.